Thursday, October 24, 2013

To Be Amazed

I was sitting here in the missionary house working on a talk entitled "How To Say Yes To God" for Theology On Tap when my mind wandered to past retreats. One in particular stands out to me because it will forever hold a huge place in my heart. My high school's senior PATS retreat continues to be the highlight of a Patriots career at Carroll High School in Riverside, OH.

It was March of 2010 and quite an unusual group of people were brought together to lead the first PATS retreat of the 2010 - 2011 school year. I knew Lindsey & Hannah from grade school. I shared the best French class with Mike & Caroline. AJ, Harper, & I had our own version of the breakfast club with our groups of friends. James, Francesco, Miriam, Angela, & I were in various clubs together.

I didn't think we'd fit together. I didn't think we'd connect. But we each put our doubts aside and ran with it. We were given a job and entrusted with this mission and we certainly delivered. By the time the retreat started we had so many inside jokes it was like we knew each other for ages. The picture above captures it all. That's what saying "Yes!" to God looks like in the face of doubt. That's what confidence in the Lord does to people.

Almost three years ago I lead a retreat with the most dynamic team. If any of you guys are reading this, know that I'm amazed by each of you and how this retreat changed us. You may not know it, but you healed me on this retreat. I love you dearly.

God Bless You,
Rick-A-Roo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger