Tuesday, June 17, 2014

To My Fathers

St. Joseph & the child Jesus
God has always provided me with wonderful male role models that have guided me. So, in honor of Father's Day I had to make a list of all the reasons why I love my father & brother figures. Here they are:

  1. You teach me.
  2. You call me out.
  3. You pray for me.
  4. You build me up.
  5. You pray with me.
  6. You make me laugh.
  7. You won't let me give up.
  8. You pray for my ministry.
  9. You give me the best advice.
  10. You lead me closer to Christ.
  11. You make me feel like family.
  12. You show me how to fix things.
  13. You always pay for lunch & dinner.
  14. You protect me & make me feel safe.
  15. You teach me how to love like Christ.
  16. You have the corniest sense of humor.
  17. You challenge me to be & do the best I can.
  18. You drive me to the airport at ridiculous hours.
  19. You make me smile all the time, even when I'm upset.
Again, Happy Father's Day to all of my wonderful father figures! Thank you for praying for me & always loving me. My life has been blessed by your presence & support. I could not be as strong & faith filled without you. May you continue to follow in St. Joseph's example of selfless service & spiritual foster fatherhood. 
Love, Emma

Want to know more about spiritual fatherhood? Click here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger