Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Thank You


"God walks into your soul with silent step. God comes to you more than you go to Him. Never will His coming be what you expect. And yet never will it disappoint."         
- Venerable Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
When I came to Bremerton I never expected to love the place let alone its people. God has a funny way of putting us exactly where we need to be, for a reason He may never reveal. However, I think He sent me here to learn how to love. The situations, conversations, and groups I have been placed in always connect to a wound of my past. Over time these same connections proved to be the healing I needed.

The above quote rings true especially during this time of transition. Our Lady Star of the Sea wasn't what I expected, but she surely didn't disappoint. In sixty something days I am leaving for a permanent job in southern Oregon and I am going to miss this place so much. I will miss it more than Ohio, if that's even possible.

Now, I'm sure I'm going to say this a thousand times before I go, but Thank You. Thank You to each and every one of the hoodlums, parishioners, staff members, visiting priests, and friends I've made along the way. Without your openness & willingness to be God's vessels, the grace I've experienced here could not have been poured out. Continue to let God use you. He will continue to change lives and save souls through you.

I just had to take a minute and thank you all. These last two years have been amazing and I'll miss them. But I know that this next parish is where God wants me to be. Pray for me as I pray for you!

I love you,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger