Tuesday, July 17, 2012

All Was Well


This post is in honor of the one year anniversary of the end of an era. Harry Potter will always be my first love. The series brought me into the world of imagination and amazing writing. I only pray that one day my children will have such an amazing thing as Harry Potter. It is the truest love story I’ve ever seen.


1. If you went to Hogwarts which house would you be sorted in?
On Pottermore I was sorted into Hufflepuff and I think it’s fitting, but I would love to be a Gryffindor. When reading and watching I always thought I would be a good Gryffindor.

2. Have you ever been to the HP midnight release?
I have never been because Harry Potter has always been a family thing and well my parents go to bed early.
3. What did you think of the Deathly Hallows?
I haven’t read the book yet, but it was amazing! Honestly, I think they’re my favorite movies.
4. How many times have you reread the books?
Once, I am in the middle of the first book and read part of Goblet of Fire when it was given to me for my birthday. Unfortunately I have since lost my copy.
5. Whose death was the saddest?
All of the deaths were hard on me, but four really stick out.
-When I saw Dumbledore die I was crushed. He wasn’t just a man filled with wisdom he symbolized growing old, but staying childlike.
-Lupin because I always felt connected to his character. He reminded me of a wonderful religion teacher I had that was always there to talk to.
-Dobby was the hardest on me because Dobby was everyone’s friend. I love Dobby because he just exudes happiness and purity.
-Snape because I was loyal to him from day one. When Harry first looked at him I knew there was something more. I still sympathize with him.
6. If you went to Hogwarts would you rather have an owl, a cat, or a rat?
Even though I own cats I love owls. They are the most intriguing creature.
7. What do you think of the movie Half-Blood Prince?
            I have a love hate relationship with the movie because it was brilliant, but Dumbledore :(
8. What do you think of the Deathly Hallows being split in two?

           It gave people time to appreciate the beauty of the series and properly grieve.
9. Have you read the Tales of Beedle the Bard?
I want to so badly; it’s on my Amazon wish list begging to be purchased.
10. When did you first become a Potter fan?
At an Easter egg hunt I picked up the golden egg, which won me a top prize. Among the prizes was a VHS tape of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. This was the first time I had encountered Harry Potter and my love was instant.
Favorite…
11. Female character?
I’d have to go with Luna Lovegood. She is one heck of a character and with all her quirks she’s wiser than all of them.
12. Male character?
The twins because they are just too amazing. I love them so much.
13. Professor?
Professor McGonagall because Dame Maggie Smith did her the utmost justice and she is a completely developed character with lovely detail.
14. Death Eater?
Bellatrix Lestrange, of course, because she is insane and twistedly funny.
15. Magical creature?
House Elves, Pestrals, and whatever Buckbeak is are all my favorites.
16. Spell?
Lumos & Nox or the one for apparating because all three are great. 
17. Quote?
“You’re a wizard Harry!”
18. Place?
Hogsmeade or the Great Hall
19. Weasley?
Molly.
20. Couple?
Hagrid and Madame Maxime.
21. Which of the hallows would you want and why?
         I would want either the cloak of invisibility or the stone.
-Cloak: I could do so much with this cloak. I could travel for free and see every corner of the world. I could hide from bad guys, if you know me at all I am way to paranoid!
-Stone: I would bring my grandmother back so she could settle things and give her kids what for. And it would be nice if we could have one last slice of sugar cream pie after a game of 500 Rum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger